Instant Pot Lemon Herb Chicken is the perfect easy meal for spring made in the pressure cooker. Best of all, this chicken cooks up tender and full of flavor with instructions for the Instant Pot and stovetop.
HOW DO YOU MAKE THIS INSTANT POT LEMON CHICKEN WITH GARLIC
You start off by seasoning the chicken with some salt, black pepper, smoked paprika and red chili flakes for some heat. Feel free to leave out chili if you are sensitive to heat.
I used chicken thighs here because I love that they stay tender but I have also made this a number of times with chicken breasts and it still comes out super flavorful.
Searing the chicken helps to seal in those amazing juices and gives the chicken that extra layer of flavor. Transfer to a plate then adds the butter, onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, chicken broth, and heavy cream.
Seal the lid on and let your pressure cooker do the rest.
Lemon Herb Garlic Chicken
This Instant Pot Lemon Herb Garlic Chicken is the perfect easy meal for spring. Best of all, this chicken cooks up tender, juicy and full of flavor with instructions for the pressure cooker and stovetop.
- 6-8 boneless chicken thighs skinless or with skin*
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes optional or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter swap with olive oil for paleo
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves sliced or minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/3 cup homemade or low sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream leave out for paleo
- Chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices for garnish if desired