Oreo cookies & cream pudding cookies are thick, super soft thanks to the pudding mix in the dough, and totally addictive!
Cookies n cream chocolate candy bars, Oreo pudding mix, and Oreo cookies are all in these cookies. If you’re a fan of Oreos and cookies & cream then you will love these Oreo pudding cookies.
Cookies n’ cream is easily one of my favorite dessert combos. Along with peanut butter & chocolate of course! I remember refusing to eat Oreos as a little girl because they would always turn my teeth black with the crumbs… And if you know me at all you know that I have a slight obsession with teeth.
These Oreo cookies & cream pudding cookies are soft-baked thanks to the package of dry pudding mix inside the cookie dough. No crispiness anywhere in these cookies.
They’re also loaded with all the good stuff. Oreos, cookies & cream chocolate candy bars, and the Oreo pudding mix.
I’ve noticed that not all stores carry the Oreo pudding mix. I always have good luck finding it at Wal-Mart so check there if you can’t find it at your local grocery store.
If you can’t find it for some reason then I would not substitute it with another pudding mix. Just wait until you can find a box of it. It is very common and I see it at almost every store I shop at.
If you want some extra pretty cookies to press some additional chopped Oreos and chopped candy bar pieces on top of the dough balls before or after baking.
I actually prefer pressing the extra cookie pieces onto the cookies after they come out of the oven. These cookies don’t spread much so as you press the cookie crumbles into the cookie, it spreads slightly which creates a really almost perfect looking cookie.
Tips for making Oreo Cookies & Cream Pudding Cookies
- If you don’t want to buy the bigger package of Oreo cookies, buy a smaller $1 snack pack of the mini Oreos. This is what I do and it’s the perfect amount for the cookie dough as well as a few chopped pieces to garnish the tops with.
- You just want to roughly chop the Oreo cookies. These cookies are so good with larger chunks of Oreo throughout them so be sure to not ground them up into super fine crumbs.
- These cookies are very pale. Do not judge if the cookies are done by the color of them. They will be very pale but still cooked.
Oreo Cookies & Cream Pudding Cookies
Prep Time 10 mins *** Cook Time 8 mins *** Total Time 18 mins
Oreo cookies & cream pudding cookies are thick, super soft thanks to the pudding mix in the dough, and totally addictive! Cookies n cream chocolate candy bars, Oreo pudding mix, and Oreo cookies are all in these cookies.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 box (4.2 oz) Cookies & Cream Instant Pudding Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped Oreos
- 2 bars (1.55 oz each) Hershey Cookies & Cream candy bars, roughly chopped
Heat oven to 350F. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper or a Silpat liner.
In a large bowl or bowl of a stand mixer, blend together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until light and fluffy. Add in the eggs and blend until completely combined. Add in the vanilla. Blend again.
In another bowl, combine the flour, pudding mix, baking soda, and salt and stir with a wire whisk to break up any clumps. Add into the creamed mixture and mix until combined.
Stir in the Oreos and candy bar chunks with a wooden spoon.
Roll dough into balls (slightly smaller than the size of a golf ball) and place on the baking sheet. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes, or until set.
Let cool on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes and then remove to wire rack to cool completely.
* Cookies will still be very pale even when cooked. I have never had to bake mine for longer than 9 minutes.
The cookies do not spread much while baking. You can leave them puffier OR gently press a few additional chopped Oreo pieces and candy bar pieces onto the tops of the cookies. They will gently spread out slightly if you do this.