A healthy burger that’s filling too. These are great for anyone who craves a big bite but doesn’t want the calories.
- 400g can chickpea, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- a handful of flat-leaf parsley or curly parsley
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1⁄2 tsp harissa paste or chili powder
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- toasted pitta bread, to serve
- 200g tub tomato salsa, to serve
- green salad, to serve
1. Drain a 400g can chickpeas and pat dry with kitchen paper.
2. Tip into a food processor along with 1 small roughly chopped red onion, 1 garlic clove, a handful of flat-leaf parsley, 1 tsp ground cumin, 1 tsp ground coriander, ½ tsp harissa paste or chili powder, 2 tbsp plain flour and a little salt.
3. Blend until fairly smooth, then shape into four patties with your hands.
4. Heat 2 tbsp sunflower oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the burgers, then quickly fry for 3 mins on each side until lightly golden.
5. Serve with toasted pitta bread, 200g tub tomato salsa, and a green salad.